What is Paper Pumpkin?
Paper Pumpkin by Stampin’ Up! is a crafting subscription kit filled with inspiration that provides you an easy way to be creative every month. A surprise project kit that you can create as designed or add on other products to create your own projects. Each month’s kit is themed and can match upcoming season (Spring) or holiday (Valentine’s Day or Christmas). Make sure to subscribe before the 10th of the month to receive the current kit! Read on for all the Paper Pumpkin subscription box details you need.
You’ll be surprised with projects like cards, gift packaging, home décor, and more. Although the project’s design inside each box are a surprise, there are hints provided for each month’s kit including theme, type of projects, coordinating colours and other details. Want to see what the current Paper Pumpkin kit is? Head over to PaperPumpkin.FromWhereIStamp.ca to view the details.
One issue crafters often run into is feeling overwhelmed by their project. Lack of inspiration, proper supplies and crafty know-how might discourage you from even starting a project and unlocking your creative potential! This doesn’t happens with a craft subscription box from Paper Pumpkin. That’s because everything you need for your project is included in your monthly art box. All you have to do is open it up and get started.
Some kits are so popular they will sell out before the 10th of the month or all produced kits are sold to subscribers in that month. Is there a theme that you really like the sound and look of? You could change your quantity to 2 kits so you can create even more projects!
Your kit will be shipped directly from Stampin’ Up! starting on the 11th or 12th of the month. If any of those days falls on a weekend the kits are shipped out the following business day. I live in Southeastern Ontario and my kit is generally delivered by the 20th of the month. It has been about 3 to 5 days after shipping but the date will change depending on the volume of shipping due to holidays.
What is Inside the Box?
Every red box, or specially designed box, includes an exclusive stamp set, Classic Stampin’ Spot®, and embellishments to create a predesigned project. At least six times a year, it will be an all card kit with eight or more cards. Sometimes the kit includes cards plus gift bags, banners, treat bags, or boxes. Other times, it’s home décor, or treat packaging. Everything is precut and ready to go so you can skip to the fun part of crafting! Your very first kit will include a free gift, a clear stamping block. Make sure to keep the clear block in a safe place as you’ll need it for future months. If you misplace your clear block please let me know and I can help you buy another one.
Each kit will include:
- All the elements needed to assemble the kit. It could include die-cut pieces, printed card bases or other pieces, ribbon, and embellishments.
- An exclusive photopolymer stamp set that you use on the project but then reuse for other projects!
- A Classic Stampin’ Spot® in a coordinating colour.
- Colour instructions that show what pieces are needed for each design.
- Adhesive to assemble the projects.
Want to see what other themes and elements have been included in past Paper Pumpkin kits? Check them out here on my YouTube. Some of my favourite were: Lovely Lavender in January 2024, Exploring In Colors that showcased the new 2023-2025 In Colors, along with the October and November kits because they are usually designed to coordinate together for holiday crafting and are so pretty!
While your Paper Pumpkin box will include everything needed to create the projects, there are a few additional items that I have found helpful to have on hand when crafting:
- Simply Shammy to clean your stamps. All it needs is some water to easily clean your stamps.
- Bone Folder to create crisp folds.
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat helps you get even pressure and ink coverage with detailed or background stamps.
- Paper Snips for cutting ribbon or twine.
- Favourite adhesive. Try the adhesive that comes in the box first but I love using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Take Your Pick Tool is perfect for adding embellishments to your project with the putty end but also great for lifting cardstock to fix mistakes with the spatula end or poking holes to create a faux stitched look.
- Each month Stampin’ Up! suggests coordinating products that you can add to your kit to extend the creative possibilities.
- Do you have some cardstock, designer series paper or another stamp set you think works with that kit? Use those additional products you have on hand to personalize your projects!
2024 Upcoming Kits and Add-on
New for 2024! Stampin’ Up! has provided the following sneak peaks for the Pumpkin kits and the coordinating add-on for the first quarter of 2024.
Coordinating Suite matches Kit
Unique Kit Box
FREE Stamp Set Included in Kit
The Love of Spring Dies Add-On has been designed to coordinate with all 3 Paper Pumpkin kits available in January to March 2024!
Reminder the Love of Spring Dies is available only while supplies last! You must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to order the add-on. These dies will work with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Mini and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss.
What if I Don’t Like the Theme?
If you receive a kit that you don’t like here are some options of what to do with your kit:
- Think of someone that would love to receive the kit as a gift! Great as a birthday, thank you or holiday gift. You may need to include a clear block if they haven’t received a kit before.
- Sometimes I’ve skipped a kit as the theme wasn’t appealing to me but then after seeing the alternative projects that other demonstrators and customers shared I wish I hadn’t skipped!
- Paper Pumpkin will send you an email after the 20th of the month that will include a link to alternative projects on their blog.
- Break up the kit to use elements with other kits or Stampin’ Up! products. Use a card base from this month with last month’s stamp set and some ribbon from your crafting stash. The kit is ready to assemble as suggested or discover a new way to use the pieces.
If you are unsure about the theme you can skip that month before the 10th of the month. You could also contact me to chat and I can help answer your questions.
How to Subscribe
The easiest is to subscribe to a recurring monthly subscription by visiting the Paper Pumpkin website here to set up an account and by using that link it will select me as your demonstrator.
Setting up an account will automatically subscribe you to receive 1 Paper Pumpkin kit per month for just $34.00 a month (including shipping). Each month your credit card will be charged and a kit shipped out to you.
If you would like to skip a month, log in and click on suspend, no kit for one month, or cancel then on the next screen you can suspend to skip the current month. The subscription will automatically reactivate on the 1st of the following month so that you will automatically be set to receive the following month’s kit and your credit card will be charged after the 10th for the following month. If you want to suspend your subscription for two months or more, you will need to manually do so each month. Suspending it once will not suspend it forever. If you want to make changes to your subscription for the next month’s kit, please wait until the 15th of the month to do so. Once you are billed for the previous month’s kit, you can freely make changes for the next month, whether that is suspending your subscription for the month or changing the quantity of kits you want to receive.
Another option is to purchase a prepaid subscription which allows you to pay ahead. Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription on my online store. But why would you want to purchase a prepaid subscription instead of the monthly subscription?
- Save money! When you buy the 6-month pre-paid you save about $2.91 per month when compared to the 3-month pre-paid subscription and with the 12-month prepaid you buy 11 kits and get the 12th free (and earn 10% in Stampin’ Rewards).
- You can add other Stampin’ Up! products to your order. Did you see my suggested product list above? Add those to an online order then add a pre-paid Paper Pumpkin subscription.
- Earn Stampin’ Rewards. When your order is over $200 before shipping and taxes you receive at least 10% back in Stampin’ Rewards. Use your Stampin’ Rewards for a prepaid subscription or additional supplies for free!
- During Sale-A-Bration when your order is over $60 before shipping and taxes you can choose at least one item for free depending on your order total.
Another great reason to purchase a prepaid code is to give the code as a gift. Is there someone who would love to receive a monthly kit? Paper Pumpkin is a great gift idea for those who are hard to buy for. Purchase the prepaid subscription and then include the code in a card or you could send them the code by email. One thing to note is the prepaid subscriptions do not include shipping while the monthly subscription does.
After your purchase you will receive an email with your prepaid code. To receive your kit, create an account then input the prepaid code. If you enter your credit card information when you redeem your prepaid subscription when creating an account, you will be automatically signed up for a month-to-month subscription and auto-billed once your prepaid subscription is used up. If you do not want to continue to receive kits after your prepaid subscription ends, do not provide your credit card information, or remove it from your profile before your prepaid subscription ends.
As with the recurring monthly subscription if you would like to skip a month, log in and click on suspend or cancel then on the next screen you can suspend to skip the current month. If you suspend it will not ship you a kit for that month. After the 11th of the month your account will automatically be set to receive the following month’s kit and either you prepaid number will decrease by one or your credit card will be charged after the 10th for the following month if you’ve provided your credit card.
- 1-month prepaid subscription $32.50
- 3-month prepaid subscription $96.50
- 6-month prepaid subscription $175.50
- 12-month prepaid subscription $336.00
Where Can I See a Kit in More Detail?
You can find videos of past kits on my YouTube Paper Pumpkin playlist. Watch the videos to learn more about each kit and to learn tips and techniques that you can recreate using your kit.
What if I Missed a Paper Pumpkin Kit?
If you’ve missed a past Paper Pumpkin kit because you either skipped that month or are a new subscriber, there is a chance to purchase either a full kit or refill from my online store. A full kit includes the same pieces a subscriber would receive each month: stamp set, Classic Stampin’ Spot® and the other kit contents. A refill kit does not include the stamp set or the Classic Stampin’ Spot® but includes the other kit contents. Buying past kits and/or refills is a great way to build a fun collection of products.
As a special perk, current Paper Pumpkin subscribers can purchase a selection of past Paper Pumpkin Kits and refills, while supplies last. When you fall in love with a kit, there’s no need to be sad when your supplies run out, just go grab another one (or two)! There’s no guarantee that every kit will be offered as a past kit and refill, and you should get ’em while they’re hot because they’re only available while supplies last! If kits or refill are available they will be added to my online store the 21st of the month or the Tue after if the 20th is on a weekend. View the available past kits and refills here.
I’m New and Don’t Have Supplies
For new crafters a Paper Pumpkin subscription is a great place to start! If you haven’t stamped before the ready to assemble kit makes crafting easier for you. All the preparation is done and the kit includes all the pieces needed to assemble the projects using the included instructions. Your first kit includes a clear block so that you can stamp the greetings and images included with each kit. Inside your Paper Pumpkin box you will find colourful instructions, pre-cut elements and an exclusive new stamp set.
- The box will include all pieces needed to create the projects as designed.
- It includes a Classic Stampin’ Spot®. You can build your collection of inks as Stampin’ Up! limits the amount of times a colour is used in a year. And you can purchase ink refills if it dries so that you can keep using the ink spot. For those colours you really love and use the most, you can buy a full sized Classic Stampin’ Pad of that colour.
- You’ll have a valuable reusable stamp to add to your collection that is exclusive to Paper Pumpkin.
- Usually there are pieces leftover from your monthly kit. Save these pieces to use on other projects or combine next month’s kit to make your supplies stretch farther.
- Past Paper Pumpkin videos can be found here in a Paper Pumpkin playlist.
- It’s fun, creative, and handmade projects that bring joy to you and to others.
How Much Time Does it Take?
The amount of time you will need to create the projects will depend on the kit and how much experience you have with stamping and crafting. You will also need to add some time if you are creating your own projects using the kit’s pieces since you are creating your own steps. Watching my unboxing videos and Paper Pumpkin’s assembly videos can help you put the kit together faster. But it’s not about who can put them together the fastest!
Some tips to find time to craft:
- Schedule 15 to 30 minutes of time to be crafty a few times a month. Find some time that you can pull out the kit and put together one or a few projects. You can stamp and watch your favourite show at the same time.
- The kit doesn’t have to be assembled in one shot. You can keep creating using the one kit all month long. Or if you’ve skipped a month go back to a previous month’s kit to keep creating.
- Each Paper Pumpkin kit arrives in a study box that holds all your project’s elements. There’s even room to add another ink spot colour or your favourite adhesive.
- Take it with you! To the campground, kid’s activities, waiting for an oil change, on your lunch break at work, in the backyard to enjoy the beautiful weather or visiting friends and family. You may find someone who wants to stamp with you!
- Set up time for a friend and you to make the kit together. Share one kit or each of you could subscribe for that month’s kit. After it arrives set up a date to spend time together.
- Crafting is self-care. A time where you can be creative, be messy, get some ink on your fingers and enjoy the process.
Return and Replacement Policy
If you’re not happy with your Paper Pumpkin subscription or kit, please call Stampin’ Up! at 1-800-STAMP-UP; they’ll help you make it right.
Once received, please check your Paper Pumpkin kit to ensure all parts and pieces are included; if your kit has any damaged or missing elements, Stampin’ Up! will happily assist you. Upon contacting them, replacement parts and pieces for any kit will be sent within 90 days of the kit’s original shipping date at no cost to you. After 90 days have passed, Stampin’ Up! can no longer guarantee that replacement parts and pieces will be available and may need to work toward an alternate solution.
Have a Creative Outlet
As a crafter, creative, and maker, you want to be “that person” who always has cards and gifts on hand for every occasion. You’ll always be ready, armed with lots of pretty, perfectly put together projects. In other words, we do the hard part, leave the fun to you, and make you look good. You will always have cards and cute gifts on hand for every occasion.
Don’t miss out on the current Paper Pumpkin kit, subscribe today!